I champion great causes, helping clients connect with stakeholders for positive action on issues critical to governance, public health, the environment and food security.
More than 10 years’ strategic communications experience with diverse clients around the globe – and training as a scientist, journalist, communicator and facilitator – means an exceptionally broad skill set to benefit your cause.
From high-level strategy to technical work, I can help.
Creativity, empathy and a tireless work ethic help me connect you with stakeholders face to face and through traditional and digital media to change minds, change behaviors, and change the world.
If you agree that empowering leaders and vulnerable communities to communicate more effectively can get things done, let’s talk.
I value kindness, smarts, integrity, enthusiasm, and drive. Keen to work with fellow champions who are dedicated to making a difference.
Contact me for more about my work and how I can help you achieve your mission.
- Strategic Communication, Advocacy Communication, Risk Communication, Mass Communication, Crisis Communication, Communication for Development, Science Communication, Intercultural Communication, Internal Communication
- International Strategy, National Strategy, Communications Strategy, Risk Management, Strategic Partnerships and Alliances, Fundraising, Donor Relations, Grant Management
- Behavior Change, Theory of Change, evidence-based and social science-based approaches
- Public Relations, Media Relations, Stakeholder Relations
- Campaign Management, Global Campaigns, National Campaigns, Consumer Campaigns, Corporate Campaigns, Event Management
- Digital Media, Social Media, Media Production, Media Training, Credible Spokesperson on the record and on-camera
- Team Building, Relationship Building, Community Building, Leadership, Team Management, Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Research, Consumer Research, Business Development
- Writing & Editing
- International Development and Capacity-Building
Strong local, national and international media coverage in top-tier outlets including Reuters, Associated Press, BBC, Ch4 News, Sky News, Radio 4, The Times, Financial Times, Telegraph, Guardian, Independent, Daily Mail, The Times of India, ABC News (Australia), The Straits Times, El País, CBS News, NBC News, CNBC, CNN, PBS, Discovery Channel, Al Jazeera America, Times, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, International Business Times, National Post, Vice, Wired, Farmers Weekly, Bloomberg, Forbes, Discover Magazine, New Scientist, Nature Biotech, Popular Science, IFLS, and BuzzFeed, among others.
Paid and pro bono work for engaging organisations such as the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE), World Health Organization (WHO), Codex Alimentarius, UN Environment Programme (UNEP), UN Foundation, United Nations ad hoc Interagency Coordination Group on Antimicrobial Resistance, Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, United Kingdom’s House of Lords Science and Technology Committee, Wellcome Trust, Science Media Centre, UK’s Fleming Fund, The Royal Society, Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of US Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), European Commission and government agencies in Europe, Africa, Asia and North America, including various Ministries and Veterinary Services, US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Environment Protection Agency (EPA), National Geographic, Organization for Tropical Studies, Ecological Society of America, Sigma Xi, SciDev.Net, as well as academics from universities worldwide.